“Don’t push; pull.” General Eisenhower used to teach leadership with a piece of string. He would put it on a table and say, “Pull it and it will follow wherever you wish. Push it and it will go nowhere at all. It’s just that way when it comes to leading people."
Leadership development is an ongoing learning experience irrespective of one’s age, gender and status in life. Leadership development denotes mental strength and tenacity, decision-making ability, owning responsibility of the decision on one hand and, on the other; it denotes inspiring, guiding and empowering others to achieve their greatest potential.
Leadership development is important at the personal level (in one’s own home) and at the professional level (in the work place and in the community). The ability to stay the course is of utmost importance in being an effective leader. Effective leadership is the backbone of success.
In these programmes, participants will explore a changed leadership perspective, and its applications to planning, responding, and learning, as well the challenges presented by change. These programmes help to apply the learnings to participants’ current leadership practices by exploring the following questions through scenario-based practice.
- How do you evaluate your current leadership practices?
- How can you improve the impact and effectiveness of your leadership and your organization
Learning Objectives: In these management training programs participants will:
- Be able to promote their own & the organization’s leadership qualities and competencies
- Read case studies of historical and contemporary leaders
- Undergo self image analysis
- Develop a positive, proactive (winner’s) mental attitude
- Be able to discern organizational climate
- Be able to align an unaligned group toward cohesiveness
- Create a shared vision
- Analyze core problems
- Be able to build action plans to overcome the problems
- Develop a personal leadership training and development plan
Leadership Training Programs Description:
These programmes will provide leaders with ample opportunities to discuss and reflect on theoretical and practical aspects of leadership, assess individual strengths and opportunities for growth, and plan next steps in leadership development. These workshops will also focus on specific skills such as team leadership, problem solving, decision making, planning time and stimulating creativity. Participants will work in small groups on assignments and team activities to maximize broader perspectives, appreciation for diversity, and discussion of best practices. The workshops will include interactive exercises as well as individual assessments. The workshop will provide assessment tools, planning templates and sample plans, and information about taking steps towards personal transformational leadership. The instructional design of these leadership development programs ensures that participants apply the concepts to their work.
Indicative structural components of these leadership trainings -
- Concepts of Leadership
- Organizational Behavior, Culture and Climate
- Assessing your Leadership Style, Strengths & Opportunities for growth
- Leadership and Character, Beliefs and Values
- Leadership and Human Behavior
- Strategy, Tactics, Planning & Knowledge Management
- Creating and implementing visions, demonstrating shared accountability
- Setting Goals and Managing Change
- Communicating effectively
- Directing, Coaching & Counseling
- Motivating People
- Growing a Team, team work, manging diversity & conflicts
- Performance Management & giving feedbacks
- Managing Time Effectively
- Creating a personal leadership development plan
On completion of this training for leadership skills, participants will be able to:
- Analyze their own leadership style and modify it using a changed leadership perspective.
- Refine and evaluate their own leadership effectiveness using data
- Design policies, procedures, staff training, and documentation using a Management Systemapproach.
- Use the steps of the personal transformational change process to plan organizational change.
These learning programmes provide participants with the knowledge, skills, behaviours and absolute confidence to manage people and processes, make effective decisions, think strategically, persuade, influence and ultimately drive home the changes that their organisations seek. It will help participants to embrace a complete transformation with profound personal and organisational impact.
This leadership development programme considers all the above areas from two perspectives:
- Increased self awareness as a leader
- Increased awareness of leading others effectively
Instead of offering mechanistic recipes for leadership, participants are helped to identify their own unique profile. To achieve this, recognized and reliable psychometric instruments, tools and activities are used. Leadership Development is achieved through a series of practical and interactive exercises. During these sessions, skills relevant to a wide range of leadership situations, from one to one, to larger groups, are practiced and enhanced. Experiences are shared and real life working issues are explored. Leadership games, group activities, presentations and participative discussions dominate the programmes.
Leadership Training India - These Leadership development training and Management Training programs are customized for employees of corporate organizations along with other soft skills training - in Delhi , Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad , Faridabad, Manesar in NCR , Mumbai, Pune ,Ahmedabad ,Bangalore ,Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, in India , Chandigarh , Jaipur and Lucknow in North India and Kabul in Afghanistan and Kathmandu in Nepal,