EFFECTIVE INTERVIEWING SKILLS TECHNIQUES TRAINING
Getting the right person first time can save a great deal of time, and money. The importance of planning sufficiently to determine what you want from the interview and what exactly you are looking for in the interviewee cannot be overstated. What does the candidate really know, what can they really do?
Behavior-based Interviewing is a very reliable and valid hiring tool. While we all may say that past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior, we don’t act as if we believe this when we are interviewing candidates - often because we aren’t certain how to ask questions that will tell us about past performance.
This workshop concentrates on pre-interview preparation, developing interview questions and their value, the interview techniques that get specific, behavior-based examples of past performance, and the strategies that follow through on this process. The course also includes sample interview questions, helpful tips for resume screening, reference checking and interpreting non-verbal communication.
Training Course Outline
Participants are provided with step-by-step guidance for interviewing candidates, researching their references, evaluating candidates and choosing among them objectively. They will gain an understanding of Best Practice Techniques for successful candidate interview and selection.
This programme is designed for those who are responsible for recruiting or are part of the recruiting process
What participants will learn?
Interviewing Techniques Overview
- the importance of preparation
- Develop an interviewing strategy and to open and close an interview
- behavior based interviewing
- Conduct a goal-directed interview and uncover more in-depth data about the candidate
- Questioning techniques to target appropriate competencies
- Interpret a candidate's nonverbal behavior.
- Use active listening, verbal devices, and nonverbal behavior techniques to facilitate the interview process.
- Manage their bias throughout the interview process.
- Evaluate, score, and rank candidates-and then document the hiring decision.
At the end of this workshop delegates will be better able to:
ESSENTIAL INTERVIEWEE SKILLS TRAINING:
- Identify and apply the principles of behavior interviews, and performance-based selection methods.
- Recognize the pattern of behavioral questions and use this pattern to design job-specific, behavioral, performance-based questions.
- Enhance professional interviewing skills with effective communication strategies and behavioral interview techniques
- Role play and practice using behavioral interview skills
- Develop a defensible scoring and evaluation process
- Complete the process through testing and reference checking.
Many people feel uncomfortable in interview situations, as in any situations where others are in a position of judging them. What’s being evaluated is your professional competence -- or the appearance of it. But there are also other factors, which are more intangible: what your character is (or appears to be), whether or not you’re likable (to the interviewer)…
At its core, a job interview is really just a specific kind of conversation. This Training Programme complete with sample interview scripts and workbooks, will help one make the preparations necessary to keep that conversation focused, productive, and pleasant.
To successfully answer job interview questions, one has to find a balance between:
- Making some adjustments to correct problems in your approach,
- and remaining true to yourself.
In other words, one needs to define a strategy and practice to hone one’s skills, i.e. how to position oneself, capitalizing on strengths and smartly dealing with weaknesses.
We will work on practice interviews so you can better understand how you come across. We will also practice how to communicate more effectively: establishing rapport with the interviewer, paying attention to body language, channeling your emotions, finding a comfortable mix between answering and asking questions…
Not all interviewers are alike. Some like open-ended questions (e.g. "Tell me about yourself"). Others like to ask tough questions ("What are your biggest shortcomings?")... In any case, being well prepared increases the confidence and poise in actual interviews.
This empowering, engaging and effective Training course features Power Point Presentation, class handouts, group discussion, skill assessment, questions, simulations, exercises and sample files. It offers quality content, interaction, graphics and quizzes, making learning interesting and effective.
Typically, participants will learn how to:
- Apply your positive achievements to applications made
- Plan and prepare for interviews
- Understand the impact of body language on the decision making process
- Actively listen to the interviewer and answer the most common interview questions with the solutions that the interviewer needs.
- Ask questions in an interview that will provide needed information as well as demonstrate preparedness for the job.
- Handle group discussions
- Overcome objections during interviews,
- What interviewers are really getting at when they ask certain questions
- Answer difficult questions, emphasizing your strengths, and concluding the interview gracefully.
As one the leading training companies in India it has organized many interview skills training programs in Delhi NCR i.e. Gurgaon , Noida , Greater Noida , Ghaziabad , Manesar , Faridabad and cities like Mumbai , Pune , Ahmedabad in West India, Banagalore , Chennai & Hyderabad in South India , Kolkatta in East besides cities of North India like Chandigarh , Jaipur , Lucknow , Internationally several client organizations have been catered in Kabul in Afghanistan & Kathmandu in Nepal.