The fact is that the majority of the problems and conflicts we experience in our personal lives and at work stem from our failure to communicate effectively. In our interaction with others, we tend to assume that our words and actions are understood as we intended them. Unfortunately it just doesn't work out that way. We misinterpret and are misunderstood and don't often realize it until conflict arises.
Communication is, however, both an art and a science, and requires our full attention and consideration if we are to use it skillfully. It is a complex process, which at its best is never perfected. Effectiveness in communication, however, rest on skills that can be improved and developed.
To understand the need and importance of effective communication and to arm participants with all skills to communicate clearly and comprehensively.
- To acquaint the participants with the importance of communication
- To help the participants attain thorough understanding of communication process
- To understand the bottlenecks which impede communication
- To recognize, Understanding one’s profile & apply the use of Communication Styles to build Shared Information and Enhance Clarity.
- Be able to relate to the behavior of each profile & Understand the long term consequences of each profile
- To help participants understanding in their self awareness through introspection and feedback from fellow participants
- Essential qualities of a good communicator
- Improving on verbal , non-verbal & written communication skills
- Generating a mindset to look for opportunities and learning’s from events and opening up communications windows
- To evolve a master action plan for improvement and continuous growth
Taking charge of verbal exchange
- Choosing the Right Words
- Building up verbal communication confidence.
- Assessing our listening skills
- Understanding various levels at which one can listen
- Enhancing our listening abilities
- Understanding the impact of listening on our relationships
- Understand the various components of body language
- Interpreting non-verbal communication.
- To establish ways of achieving results through the use of a constructive questioning approach
- To develop constructive questioning skills & techniques
- Developing questions and their value
Writing for results
- To establish approaches for achieving results through the use of effective written communication
- Preparing to write
- To develop skills in using written communication to achieve results
- Common pitfalls of business communication
- Etiquettes Of Business Writing - Punctuation, Spelling, Simple errors, word /sentence length, jargon, wordiness
- Written Analysis & Communication - Understanding the reader, Sequencing, Salutations etc.
- Sample formats
a. External Correspondence - Writing for Business Results
- Writing to external customers / business letters - definition, types, layout, examples
- Writing Proposals
b. Internal Correspondence - Writing for Improving Efficiency
- Improving e-mail effectiveness -The Do’s & Don’ts, Attachments, Structure, Length
- Developing Skills for Writing Reports - drafting, structure, format
- Notes for approval or Concurrence
- Writing Inter Office Memo's
- Preparing efficient Minutes of Meeting
Ownership and Responsibility While Communicating
- How to ensure that your communication is understood in the right direction
- Communicating with customers external/internal
- Understanding the Importance of knowing customer expectations
- How to match customer expectations
- Importance of good relations
- Losses due to poor communication
This workshop is interactive high on involvement, and reality based using simulations games and role-play, questionnaires, open and group discussions, slides presentations, sample questions & practice exercises
Benefits of the workshop:
- Building self awareness
- Effectively convey the meaning intended
- Overcoming the barriers of effective communication
- Successful display of non verbal communication
- Developing assertiveness skills
Effective communication skills training, business communication training, listening skills training is customised along with other soft skills training, corporate training , employee training and development programs in Delhi , Gurgaon , Noida , Greater Noida , Ghaziabad , Faridabad , Manesar in NCR ,Bangalore , Chennai , Hyderabad , Mumbai , Pune , Ahmedabad , Kolkatta in India Chandigarh , Jaipur , Lucknow in North India, Kabul in Afghanistan and Kathmandu in Nepal