The effectiveness of organizations is a function of the leader, managers, resources, organizational structure and the followers. The success or failure of the company lies in the ability to manage and motivate the diverse expectations and desires of the individuals. Without exception, truly excellent work is done by teams with capable leaders. What is equally interesting is the converse. When teams fail, it is almost always because of poor leadership training. The way teams perform depends to a great extent on how they relate to their leadership which depends on a host of factors, many of which can be influenced.
To be effective, the managers / team leaders must have adequate resources to accomplish the job, an appropriate organizational structure, a set of followers to perform the tasks and certain management and leadership skills and abilities. Effective Management is a function of the manager's motivation, skills, style and level of conceptual ability. Many of us believe that once we move into a higher position, the required skills would be learnt over a period of time, but research shows that those who work towards acquiring these skills are the ones who actually grow in organizations.
Who This Management Training Is For
This Management Development Program and other management courses specifically designed for employees who are in responsible positions in the organization, people who are now leading or would like to lead a team. It describes the team leader's / manager’s job, the essential elements of leadership training, and the many issues and problems the participants are likely to face. It discusses many of the issues participants will likely face and has examples, guidelines, and suggestions on how to handle them in a form that will help them to address almost any kind of team and team leadership situation.
Though there are many skills that needs to be acquired – communication, relationship management, understanding others, time management, handling stress, motivation, team work, initiative, assertiveness so on and so forth, these workshops would address some of the most critical areas that actually form the base to becoming a true manager & ways to deal with them are suggested.
How This Leadership Training Is Organized
The following management training topics address the principal aspects of managing people and team leadership.
Understanding the “what and why” of a Manager’s/Team Leader’s Role.
IDENTIFYING SOME ROLES WHICH A MANAGER IS EXPECTED TO PERFORM
- What management expects
- What the team expects
- Management priorities versus team interests
- Taking responsibility
- The manager’s/team leader's job challenges
- The new rules of the workplace
- Understanding the functions of management
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities of a manager
- The need to have the desire, skills and the knowledge to succeed as a manager
- Saving time, energy, and talent by improving the entire” People Side” of job.
- What it takes to be a great team leader/manager
- BUILD ,DEVELOP, LEAD TEAMS & MANAGE TEAM PERFORMANCE
- FOSTER IMPROVEMENT THROUGH RIGHT COACHING
- BUILD RELATIONSHIPS
- COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY
- MOTIVATE STAFF / TEAM TO WORK BETTER
- DELEGATING EFFECTIVELY
- MANAGE INDIVIDUAL PERSONALITIES
- DEAL WITH CONFLICTS
- To establish the importance of each of these roles
- Doing self analysis on all the roles
- Working with all the roles and reviewing reasons why people don’t practice
- Identifying key strengths
- To explore the difficulties experienced in performing particular roles
- Approaches for overcoming these difficulties and improving role performance
- Understanding the developmental targets
- Developing an action plan
- Creating a self monitoring mechanism
CONTENTS – Detailed Description
BUILD, DEVELOP, LEAD TEAMS & MANAGE TEAM PERFORMANCE
- Assessing your team
- How to build & develop the kind of team one needs
- The team building objectives
- Team management rules & good team building skills
- Good team leader attributes
- Focus on behavioral indicators that lead to successful team performance
- Develop strategies for improving the effectiveness of teams
- Fostering an environment that promotes team bonding
- John Adair's Action Centered Leadership – A model for team leadership and management
THE TRANSFORMATIONAL COACH—PARTNERSHIP COACHING
- Redefine the role of the manager as a learning partner
- Understand the importance of transformational coaching for partnering with your team
- What is coaching & some coaching ground rules
- Identify the critical qualities of a coach & to develop and hone these capabilities
- Select key behavioral approaches to improve partnership coaching effectiveness
- Develop a plan for evolving a trusting learning environment
- To enhance and improve the way we relate in our working life
- Identify and discuss the key characteristics of effective interpersonal relations.
- Assess potential and real barriers to successful use of interpersonal skills
- Building positive & successful relationships
- Mastering the art of building positive perceptions
- The role of interpretation in inter-personal relationships
- Recognize the use of rapport building skills.
- The art of giving & receiving feedback, praise & criticism
THE COMMUNICATION SKILLS A MANAGER NEEDS
MOTIVATING STAFF / TEAMS TO WORK BETTER
- Discuss ways to create an open communication climate.
- Recognize effective speaking practices.
- Identify personal listening liabilities and strategies for improvement.
- Become a good observer
- Improving on non-verbal communication
- Developing constructive questioning techniques
THE ART OF DELEGATING EFFECTIVELY
- Identifying with the desires and motivations of one's employees
- Developing a clear vision & providing direction for employees' motivation
- Encouraging work that creates its own motivation for employees
- How to effectively reward effort, compliment people to reinforce motivation
- Managing & correcting employees' mistakes & counseling them
- Selecting motivators based on individual needs
MANAGE INDIVIDUAL PERSONALITIES
- Clearly identify how delegation fits into the job and how it can make one more successful
- Identify opportunities within the scope of one’s authority for delegating effectively
- Identify the criteria for fair and responsible delegation to all employees
- Develop a technique for defining expectations
- Recognize common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Exploring Individual Differences and Team Dynamics
- Personality Characteristics
- Matching personalities with jobs
- Your Emotional Intelligence
- Team Values
DEALING WITH CONFLICTS
- Experience the process of conflicts – why they are there and who is responsible for them
- To review conflict situations at work and what is the nature of these conflicts
- See how pro-actively dealing with conflict is a key skill of effective managers
- Understand group dynamics and handle team conflict
- Establish approaches for resolving such conflicts
REVIEW & ACTION PLANNING IN THE REAL ENVIRONMENT
Methodology & Tools of Delivery
These management training courses consider all the above areas from two perspectives:
- Increased self awareness as a manager
- Increased awareness of managing others effectively
Instead of offering mechanistic recipes for managing, participants are helped to identify their own unique profile. To achieve this, recognized and reliable psychometric instruments are used .Participants explore the concepts that are introduced and are encouraged to personalize the techniques for their own use. During these sessions, skills relevant to a wide range of management situations, from one to one, to larger groups, are practiced and enhanced. Experiences are shared and real life working issues are explored.
HIGH RECALL LEARNING APPROACH
As one of the finest companies with management training programs ,these competency-based management training seminars and workshops from Core Excellence are highly interactive in nature, in which participants become comfortable with the language , challenges and activities presented The whole learning process is very participative & learning is drawn through role plays , management games , lectures, insightful discussions, knowledge building case studies, questionnaires group & individual exercises and presentations etc. to focus on the practical implement ability of the concepts through demonstration and as well as practice sessions,
The workshop for managers training will facilitate use of self-assessment instruments, personal reflection, opportunities to think, write and discuss pressing workplace issues in a safe and good-humored environment. As your management trainer Core Excellence programs use fun as an essential tool for imparting management training. Reproducible handouts with exercises and bibliography will help spread the word back at workplace.
Participants will leave the management development programs feeling more resourceful, prepared with specific techniques that they can implement immediately to manage and resolve or help others to resolve their own workplace issues successfully. They will -
- Take initiative in continuously improving knowledge
- Always strive for producing and delivering quality work
- operate out of more responsibility
- Show more accountability and ownership of each of the team members
- Move out of blaming mode and train subordinates to become successful professionals
- Judge others on reality and not on personal perceptions
- Practice the art of giving constructive feedback
- Lead by example
These training for Managers , Leadership development training and Management Training programs along with Soft Skills Training and other Corporate Training are customized for Employee Training - in Delhi , Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad , Faridabad, Manesar in NCR Mumbai, Pune , Ahmedabad ,Bangalore ,Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkatta, in India Chandigarh , Jaipur and Lucknow in North India besides Kabul in Afghanistan and Kathmandu in Nepal